All application forms can be downloaded by visiting oisa.shisu.edu.cn
Chinese University Program is a full scholarship for designated Chinese universities and certain provincial education offices in specific provinces or autonomous regions to recruit outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
CATEGORIES, DURATION AND INSTRUCTION LANGUAGE
1. Studies begin in SEPTEMBER 2019.
2. Supporting Category: Type B only supports master’s students or doctoral students. The scholarship covers major study as specified in the Admission Letter.
3. Instruction Language: Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable.
Type B provides a full scholarship, which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance. Please refer to Introduction to CGS—Coverage and Standard for details of each item: http://www.campuschina.org/
Apply to the Office of International Student Affairs of SISU before March 31st, 2019
1. Applicants must be a citizen of a country other than the People’s Republic of China, and be in good health.
2. The requirements for applicants’ degree and age are that applicants must: be a bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs; be a master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for the doctoral programs.
3. Language Proficiency: Applicants must demonstrate a good command of Chinese or English. HSK level 5 or above is required when applying for Chinese-taught master’s programs; HSK level 3 or above is required for doctoral programs; IELTS test score of at least 6.0 is required when applying for English-taught mater’s or doctoral programs.
1. Complete the online application procedure at CSC Online Application System for International Students (Visit http://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn and click “Create an account” to log in), submit online the completed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship and print a hard copy. You should choose Type B and our Agency Number is 10271.
2. Prepare all the application documents (see “VI” for details) and submit to SISU. Bind up the application documents in required order and send two sets by post or express. Meanwhile, you should send E-copy of these documents (name the individual file, package all of them, name as “nationality + passport name”) to the following email address: email@example.com. No matter whether accepted or not the above materials will not be returned.
3. SISU reviews the application documents, organizes the entrance examinations and decides the nominated candidates. Nominated candidates will get Chinese Government Scholarships to study in China with the approval of CSC.
4.SISU will issue an《Admission letter》、《Visa Application Form for Study in China》（JW201 form）by the end of July 2019.
APPLICATION DOCUMENTS (Bind up in the following order)
0. Check list, (annex 1)
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English);
2. Application Form for International Student (Degree program), (annex 2). Passport photo should be attached to the Form.
3. Acceptance Letter from supervisor for Ph.D Applicants at SISU, (annex 3).
4. Highest diploma; Prospective diploma recipients must submit official document issued by your current school to prove your current student status or expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
5. Academic transcripts (written in Chinese or English); Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized Chinese or English translations.
6. A Study Plan or Research Proposal (written in Chinese or English, 800 words minimum).
7. Two Recommendation Letters (written in Chinese or English); Applicants must submit two recommendation letters signed by a professor or an associate professor.
8. Copy of valid HSK or IELTS Certificate (if applicable).
9. Foreigner Physical Examination Form (photocopy) (written in English, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://www.campuschina.org); The physical examinations must cover all of the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid. Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only 6 months.
10. Copy of Passport.
11. Copy of the voucher of remittance of the Application Fee.
800 RMB (or overseas transfer of 130 USD)
Application fee is non-refundable, payable in cash or remittance (T/T). A remittance with student’s name must be made. Wechat Pay or Ali pay are not acceptable.
Two sets of application documents, including the voucher of remittance must be sent by registered or express mail to the Office of International Student Affairs, Shanghai International Studies University. No application documents will be returned.
Office of International Student Affairs, Shanghai International Studies University
Room 202, Teaching Building 2, 550 Dalian Road (W), Shanghai 200083, P. R. China
1. CSC reserves the rights to decide the host university for scholarship recipients with multiple offers. Each scholarship recipient—even when admitted by multiple universities—will be granted no more than one scholarship.
2. Scholarship recipients shall not change their host university, field of study, or duration of study unless they give up the grant.
3. Scholarship will not be reserved if scholarship recipient cannot register before the registration deadline.
4. Please be advised not to enclose any cash in your mail.
5. To ensure that the school is in constant contact with the applicant, please provide a valid email address in the application form.
AVAILABLE MAJORS FOR APPLYING
1. Academic Master’s Degree (taught in Chinese, 3 years): Arabic Languages and Literatures, Russian Languages and Literatures, Asian & African Languages and Literatures, English Languages and Literatures, Foreign Linguistics & Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, International Relations, International Trade, Finance.
2. Professional Master’s Degree (taught in Chinese, 2.5 years): Master of Translation (Chinese-English), Master of Interpreting (Chinese-English, Chinese-English-Arabic, Chinese-English-Russian, Chinese-English-Korean, Chinese-English-German, Chinese-English-French, Chinese-English-Spanish).
3. Master’s Degree (taught in English, 2 years): English Language and Literature (the Intercultural Communication [IC] direction), International Relations, China Studies, Journalism (Chinese Media and Global Journalism), Global Communication.
4. Doctor’s Degree (taught in Chinese, 4 years): Arabic Languages and Literatures, Russian Languages and Literatures, Foreign Linguistics & Applied Linguistics, Translation Studies, International Relations;
5. Doctor’s Degree (taught in English, 4 years): China Studies, Global Communication.